Monday, November 19, 2012

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Is Bad


 Ok so I had the audacity to break down and say it when nobody else would . While other "mainstream" gaming websites and blogs kneel before their master and deliver great review's I think I'm going to keep it real whether fan boys and girls alike approve of it or not . Dont take me the wrong way and keep in mind before you stop reading thinking I'm just another COD hater... lets take a fast look at the facts . I have been playing COD before the online option was even available yet and have continued to play since and allot as a matter of fact . So just hear me out and decide for yourself .
 Dont get me wrong the single player campaign is great and so is the new and original zombies : but , we are talking about the multiplayer here for this story . I understand that a new game on launch is going to suffer some problems and thats fine : but , Black Ops 2 fails ( even after the second update ) in almost every possible way . Launch night I waited in line at midnight to get my copy of Black Ops 2 and it was not very long after that I found myself banned for four hours . Why you ask ? Well the game is notorious for freezing on the PS3 and every lobby I got into I was the host only to find my game freezing on me ....... three times in a row. The second time the game froze and I rebooted I recieved a message saying I would be banned if I did not finish the matches . Needless to say after two games the game froze again mid game and I was forced to reboot and upon returning to the menu found to my dismay that I was banned for four hours . I understand this is done to keep people from ending the game but I cant help but to ask .......... after all the money and time spent on this game they never thought of this scenario ??? Well I took the ban like man and proceeded to bed for the night . The next morning I woke up and was happy that now I could enjoy some of my favorite series . Nope : the servers are messed up and now I get an error saying that I could not join a lobby and this lasted at least 24 hours and the entire time all my friends where online playing except one other person who was suffering the same constant error as me. After the error nightmare and after 2 days of being banned for their defective software and being unable to connect to online matches finally I was in a lobby and ready to play . This is when I seen that an update was required and I was very happy thinking this will fix the bugs and lag ect , ect . Nope : Even after the update I was connecting fine ; but , then I realized that it takes an entire clip to drop another player . I have a very good connection at my house and thats why I was always getting host when the freezing got me banned for no reason . Now I'm second prestige and its the same thing ...... empty an entire clip to maybe get a kill  then reload and repeat over and over .
 The fact of the matter is ..... mainstream gaming websites are all in bed with COD . The same very old and outdated graphics engine ....terrible server network , horrible lag , constant freezing and to top it all off a mostache crosshair for your scope . Wow .

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... Im so dissapointed in this game. I will probably avoid all treyarch games in the future, I don't like being this dissapointed.

    ReplyDelete